Found this paper about #COVID-19 mentioned on HN today. If confirmed it’d be quite interesting:
SARS-CoV-2 was detected in Barcelona sewage long before the declaration of the first COVID-19 case, indicating that the infection was present in the population before the first imported case was reported. Sentinel surveillance of SARS-CoV-2 in wastewater would enable adoption of immediate measures in the event of future COVID-19 waves.
My job in the past 2~ years:
* Get some unrealistic deadline few days away
* Almost die to kind-of-meet it
* Fight with documents/clinical/QAs/formal testing protocols for the next 8 months
* Get the daily random superhero asking why/how/what the heck the 'feature ain't work'
* Deal with the superhero for the whole day, until he/she realizes the thing has always worked perfectly
* Back to square 0 (because array start from 0, you motherfuckers)
Spending the time favoriting all the recent @Indie’s toots to make her phone dingdong...
I've just realized that there seems to be no "file" I/O in the Swift base library, which is... interesting??!
You either read the whole file in memory in a generic Data (or String) buffer, or you have to rely on the POSIX open()/read() if you want to do a simple line-by-line/char-by-char read.
Where is the 🍍 topping for our 🍕?
Where’s the the Alfredo for our fettuccine?
@Indie we miss you!
An arrogant bastard
🇮🇹 weirdo in 🇺🇸 doing 🖥 stuff
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!